You will need to open the ILS Z RWY 10 charts of Carcassonne airport LFMK in France:
We will be flying the published hold over a NDB following the chart above:
- holding reference point is CS NDB
- inbound track is at heading 096° towards CS NDB or 276° track inbound CS NDB
- altitude to maintain is 3500ft
- outbound time is 1 minute using heading of 276°
- protection area imposes to use maximum speed of 170KT (maximum altitude 9000ft)
- exit track is 96° outbound of CS NDB
In this documentation, we will not take into account the effect of wind.
We will enter into the holding using the parallel entry procedure.
Our aircraft is over the holding reference point: CS NDB.
The timer is reaching 1 minute. We should turn now toward the holding fix direct to the holding reference point (CS NDB).
Note: This document presents the direct to the holding fix method. There is another method which is acceptable: it is to intercept the inbound track to the holding fix (096°).
We overfly now the holding fix for the end of the holding pattern. 1. If we receive the approach clearance, or other exit clearance from ATC, we should follow the instructions. 2. If we want to continue the holding, or we do not receive any other clearance from ATC, we should perform now a direct entry holding.
This is the final plotting of the performed track.